Pupil Premium - Free School Meals
Are you entitled to this benefit?
My child is in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2
All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are automatically entitled to free school meals under the Universal Infant Free School Meals Scheme (UIFSM).
Pupil Premium - extra support for your child
You can apply for the Pupil Premium which provides your child's school with additional funding to support them. If you are in receipt of any of the benefits listed below please apply
My child is in Year 3 or above.
If you are in receipt of any of the following benefits your child may be eligible for free school meals.
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, with no element of Working Tax Credit, and a household income below £16,190 (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs)
- Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
- Universal Credit - based on your income as assessed by Universal Credit.
If a child resides in a local authority care home they will not qualify for free school meals. This is because government funding has already been allocated to fund their meals.
If eligible, your child would be given a £100 virtual voucher. This could be spent on many things during the school year such as:
Extra curricular clubs, school trips, uniform, Beavers and Brownies, music lessons, swimming lessons.
They will also receive free fruit and milk.
You can access further information and apply by following this link to: North Northamptonshire Council's Pupil Premium page
Our Pupil Premium strategy and Reports are available as downloadable documents: here (About Us/Statutory information)